Backstroke

Trying to reacquaint myself with my backstroke, it seems to be the slowest to come along thus far in my comeback. From a couple angles here. www.instagram.com/.../ I wasn't pushing pace at all, but I didn't feel like my stroke rate was quite as shockingly slow as the video shows - that's the first striking thing! Other things I see - -Sloppy underwater: Too deep attack angle, too much kick amplitude, bad transition into flutter kick, feet too far apart -Probably sculling down too far before flipping elbow. This could be a lot of my stroke rate issue. -Looks like I might not be getting my shoulders all the way rotated around before hand entry? -To the positive side I'm pretty happy with my body position and my flutter kick. Anything else?
Parents
  • It's not any kind of race/fast pace at all - just some stretch it out 50s near the end of practice, trying to maintain a "normal" stroke and not look overly pretty compared to practice or race pace. Attempting to catch glitches at slower pace to make the fixes muscle memory for faster pace.
  • It's not any kind of race/fast pace at all - just some stretch it out 50s near the end of practice, trying to maintain a "normal" stroke and not look overly pretty compared to practice or race pace. Attempting to catch glitches at slower pace to make the fixes muscle memory for faster pace.
Children
No Data