Flip turns at the shallow end of the pool

Former Member
Former Member
I've been addicted to practicing flip turns these days, which I just learned :D. I'm having problem doing it at the shallow end of the pool (water level to my waist). After completing the turn, my body (back or hands) would touch the bottom of the pool, so can't continue my lap. How not to hit the floor?
Parents
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 6 years ago
    Your suggestions sound good, if you position your feet lower on the wall you would probably push off slightly higher. Am not sure about the usefulness of arching the back after the flip, unless arching the back makes you more streamlined. Honestly 3.5' isn't anything to play around with. In my pool with the 4' end I still come fairly close to the bottom when I flip and I'm only 5'6, however I do try to stay underwater at least until past the flags. Minus 6" I'm not sure how I'd flip either. Maybe someone who has experience doing a flip turn in such a shallow pool can chime in.
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 6 years ago
    Your suggestions sound good, if you position your feet lower on the wall you would probably push off slightly higher. Am not sure about the usefulness of arching the back after the flip, unless arching the back makes you more streamlined. Honestly 3.5' isn't anything to play around with. In my pool with the 4' end I still come fairly close to the bottom when I flip and I'm only 5'6, however I do try to stay underwater at least until past the flags. Minus 6" I'm not sure how I'd flip either. Maybe someone who has experience doing a flip turn in such a shallow pool can chime in.
Children
No Data