Workouts, tips, tricks for Waikiki rough water swim?

Just like it says...

I'm swimming this race for the first time and I'm looking for some advice. Can I ask:

1. How did you train?

2. What worked for you?

3. What do you wish you hadn't done / didn't happen in your previous swim?

Thanks yall!

Parents
  • When is this swim?

Not too experienced OW swims but do enjoy choppy, turbulent, and swell plagued tropical swimming.  Good to increase tempo and widen hand entry as it gets more rough. Sometimes the waves will have a rhythm, good to time strokes and practice sighting at crest of the waves. Not sure what area this will be, but I am referring to the hotel area: I recall Waikiki typical has a mild chop however good sized random outrigger swells every minute or so happen.  You will know when these arrive as long as you can see the bottom (little turbid in that area I recall) as the pull you for a time towards them.  
    Dang, that sounds fun man.  Wish I was there 

Good luck 

• When is this swim?

Not too experienced OW swims but do enjoy choppy, turbulent, and swell plagued tropical swimming.  Good to increase tempo and widen hand entry as it gets more rough. Sometimes the waves will have a rhythm, good to time strokes and practice sighting at crest of the waves. Not sure what area this will be, but I am referring to the hotel area: I recall Waikiki typical has a mild chop however good sized random outrigger swells every minute or so happen.  You will know when these arrive as long as you can see the bottom (little turbid in that area I recall) as the pull you for a time towards them.  
    Dang, that sounds fun man.  Wish I was there 

Good luck 

Children
No Data