Beavertail Swim (Jamestown, RI)

Beavertail Swim, 7.3 miles (11.75k), Jamestown, RI. This swim...this might have been the toughest physically demanding event I've ever taken on. That middle three miles south of the point...essentially out in Block Island Sound...was very rough with 6' to 8' swells. Those conditions probably added :45-:60 minutes to my (and all finishers') finishing time. Accompanying kayakers had difficulty staying upright. There were 15 swimmers that started, I was the oldest. Only 9 finished. 2.bp.blogspot.com/.../IMG_2289.JPG Dan
  • Wow great job! It sounds like you were able to battle thru those middle miles. Mentally, that can be tough for some. Iâ€Tmm so happy you finished
  • Congratulations, what a cool swim, I love those waters. Was this an organized event or a group of friends swimming together? Small group of friends/acquaintances...but very well organized. This was the forth year and I think the guy that organizes it is hoping that some race organizing company will pick it up and make it open to the general public. Dan
  • Congratulations, what a cool swim, I love those waters. Was this an organized event or a group of friends swimming together?