Smart Watches for Pool and Open Water

I've been relatively happy with my Garmin 920xt for the last four years, but looking to upgrade. What are the favorite Smart Watches on the market today? I am primarily interested for pool and open water training (and events), and it would be great to be able to incorporate a heart rate monitor and a water-temperature gauge into the actual watch. It would be nice if it worked well for calculating kicking and one-arm (off arm) drill distances to get a better handle on TOTAL session distances. Connectivity to social fitness platforms would be fantastic. Any recommendations?
Parents
  • Just following up with my experience with the Apple Watch for open water swims. The watch works well, links easily to Strava and other sites so you can see your map and stats. But it has a major flaw in that the battery only lasts 5.5 hours with the GPS on. This happened in my watch and in the watch of a friend with a barely week old watch. Very disappointing. It's possible that if I turned off all other services it would last longer, will test that out next time I'm in for a long day. Lyn
  • Just following up with my experience with the Apple Watch for open water swims. The watch works well, links easily to Strava and other sites so you can see your map and stats. But it has a major flaw in that the battery only lasts 5.5 hours with the GPS on. This happened in my watch and in the watch of a friend with a barely week old watch. Very disappointing. It's possible that if I turned off all other services it would last longer, will test that out next time I'm in for a long day. Lyn
Children
No Data