23 Jun 2019 - Thetis Lake Victoria BC - Swim for MS Wellness

Former Member
Former Member
Anyone? I'll be doing the 3km - my first Open Water Swim Event. (There's 800m/1500m/3km/5km options.) I really do not want to wear a wetsuit, but I do wonder how cold it will be.
Parents
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 5 years ago
    I wimped out of this. What I have learned in the last two weeks: -I hate the feeling of wet suits. -I hate not having a black line to guide me. -I hate the feeling I get when I am in deep water, far from shore. -I hate not swimming a very accurately measured distance. (I am OCD in this regard.) I'm never going to be an open water swimmer. :) So sad. I think you should try swimming point to point along a coastline without a wetsuit, so that you don't have these things to hate. You can have the shore to guide you, you are never far from shore, and the distance can be measured from satellite map.
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 5 years ago
    I wimped out of this. What I have learned in the last two weeks: -I hate the feeling of wet suits. -I hate not having a black line to guide me. -I hate the feeling I get when I am in deep water, far from shore. -I hate not swimming a very accurately measured distance. (I am OCD in this regard.) I'm never going to be an open water swimmer. :) So sad. I think you should try swimming point to point along a coastline without a wetsuit, so that you don't have these things to hate. You can have the shore to guide you, you are never far from shore, and the distance can be measured from satellite map.
Children
No Data