Low carb feeding on a marathon swim (and feeding in general)

I did a 2 mile ows last year and it was a gateway drug. It was beautiful and I felt so free once I got into a rhythm and realized I wasn't going to drown. This season, I have the opportunity to do a 10k and maybe even a 10 mile swim. I currently swim 11 miles a week and plan to increase that. One thing I'm concerned about on a longer swim is feeding. I currently eat low carb (50-60g a day, almost exclusively from fruits and veggies) because I like what it does for my brain, energy levels and waistline. I also like not getting pass-out hungry. I understand that this is heresy in the world of swimming, but I was wondering if there is anyone out there who does marathon swims low carb. What do you eat? Do you eat at all?
Parents
  • Maybe I should have caffeinated feeds too. One of the Crystal Lights I used (grape) was caffeinated. I need that as I'm a regular diet soda drinker, and when I don't have it I get bad headaches. I also always have a soda with my feeds. I open the cap the day before to let it get mostly flat. I have this soda ready in case the ibuprofen is not taking care of the head; I've found that if I use a "fresh" soda, the carbonation bugs me and I get hiccups, thus needing a flat one.
  • Maybe I should have caffeinated feeds too. One of the Crystal Lights I used (grape) was caffeinated. I need that as I'm a regular diet soda drinker, and when I don't have it I get bad headaches. I also always have a soda with my feeds. I open the cap the day before to let it get mostly flat. I have this soda ready in case the ibuprofen is not taking care of the head; I've found that if I use a "fresh" soda, the carbonation bugs me and I get hiccups, thus needing a flat one.
Children
No Data