Sarasota OWS Beginner also Kokomo Indiana

Former Member
Former Member
Hi, Used to live in sarasota and moved to indiana two years ago. Picked swimming back up recently after 17 year hiatus-dont know why i waited this long. Am interested in doing some open water swims and longer distances eventually. I will be in sarasota second week february and was looking for a swim buddy to do a couple swims off the beaches. Also, when weather warms up here in indiana, looking for anyone that might be interested in some open water swims, kokomo area. Im highly interested in chicago big shoulders 5k this fall. As far as fitness level...just back at it for couple weeks, swam 1850 or so yards in 33 mins (lost count so tried to do few extra laps). Thanks, you can friend request or message me if interested... brent
  • Hey Brent, I think the USMS forums have become fairly moribund, so you may not get too many responses to your post. There are quite a few Facebook groups where you can connect with other open water swimmers which you might want to try as well. You could also contact the usms clubs in the Sarasota area directly. I bet they have swimmers going open water regularly. Have fun getting back in the swim!