Goodbye OWS

Tuesday night was my last open water session of the year, and I'll miss it terribly. In upstate NY, we don't have a very long summer, so from Labor day to Memorial Day we are forced to swim indoors. I swim with a Tri club at an Adirondack lake, and I made it every week this summer but one. In 13 weeks I dropped my time by 5 minutes over ~2Km. Now, starting Sep 11 it will be 9 months in an over-chlorinated 25yd pool, which would be drudgery except the master's team coach makes up sets that at least keep us thinking.
Parents
  • If anyone is interested, the Highland Lakes Challenge is in early November this year: highlandlakeschallenge.weebly.com/ I did the, "weekender," 2 years ago and really liked it. But I'm a bit concerned since it is about 2 weeks later this year. When I did it, the water temp was about perfect. We had a cold front that rolled through at that time so the water was 75-78 and the air temp at start was in the 40s one day. I'd guess the lake temps could be 5-10 degrees cooler. So I'm on the fence right now, between water temps and a big vacation in October. But I can be swayed. :)
  • If anyone is interested, the Highland Lakes Challenge is in early November this year: highlandlakeschallenge.weebly.com/ I did the, "weekender," 2 years ago and really liked it. But I'm a bit concerned since it is about 2 weeks later this year. When I did it, the water temp was about perfect. We had a cold front that rolled through at that time so the water was 75-78 and the air temp at start was in the 40s one day. I'd guess the lake temps could be 5-10 degrees cooler. So I'm on the fence right now, between water temps and a big vacation in October. But I can be swayed. :)
Children
No Data