Goodbye OWS

Tuesday night was my last open water session of the year, and I'll miss it terribly. In upstate NY, we don't have a very long summer, so from Labor day to Memorial Day we are forced to swim indoors. I swim with a Tri club at an Adirondack lake, and I made it every week this summer but one. In 13 weeks I dropped my time by 5 minutes over ~2Km. Now, starting Sep 11 it will be 9 months in an over-chlorinated 25yd pool, which would be drudgery except the master's team coach makes up sets that at least keep us thinking.
Parents
  • I'm rather new to swim meets and don't know how to prep like I did with running or track & field for 40 years. I did do a few pool events this year., two of them were part of indoor triathlons. Jan 20, adk lmsc Happy New Year Meet, 50m (51 sec) and 200m (4:27) Mar 4, indoor tri, 425 yds May 7, indoor tri, 350 yds BTW, the Lake Placid half-ironman triathlon is this Sunday with many of the folks I train with all summer. Air temp. for the swim start is predicted to be 33F at 7AM, and not much warmer when they get out and into the bike transition.
  • I'm rather new to swim meets and don't know how to prep like I did with running or track & field for 40 years. I did do a few pool events this year., two of them were part of indoor triathlons. Jan 20, adk lmsc Happy New Year Meet, 50m (51 sec) and 200m (4:27) Mar 4, indoor tri, 425 yds May 7, indoor tri, 350 yds BTW, the Lake Placid half-ironman triathlon is this Sunday with many of the folks I train with all summer. Air temp. for the swim start is predicted to be 33F at 7AM, and not much warmer when they get out and into the bike transition.
Children
No Data