Goodbye OWS

Tuesday night was my last open water session of the year, and I'll miss it terribly. In upstate NY, we don't have a very long summer, so from Labor day to Memorial Day we are forced to swim indoors. I swim with a Tri club at an Adirondack lake, and I made it every week this summer but one. In 13 weeks I dropped my time by 5 minutes over ~2Km. Now, starting Sep 11 it will be 9 months in an over-chlorinated 25yd pool, which would be drudgery except the master's team coach makes up sets that at least keep us thinking.
Parents
  • Yeah, same here. Though my last OWS is on Sep 15th. Also, this year, a guy in our masters team worked with a village close by to let us swim on the long island sound 3 days a week. Because I commute to the city for work, I don't have the time to swim there. I do see some time improvements, but I find that the water conditions are so different each year on the same course that I can't really do a proper comparison. I do know that I am gaining more confidence. I also got a swim watch with GPS, I see my zig zag path...definitely something I need to work on. @Sumorunner, you should consider coming down to Westchester NY some time. We have the Swim Across America event. It's not a race, but sure is fun. You can choose 2k, 5k or go crazy and do a 10k.
  • Yeah, same here. Though my last OWS is on Sep 15th. Also, this year, a guy in our masters team worked with a village close by to let us swim on the long island sound 3 days a week. Because I commute to the city for work, I don't have the time to swim there. I do see some time improvements, but I find that the water conditions are so different each year on the same course that I can't really do a proper comparison. I do know that I am gaining more confidence. I also got a swim watch with GPS, I see my zig zag path...definitely something I need to work on. @Sumorunner, you should consider coming down to Westchester NY some time. We have the Swim Across America event. It's not a race, but sure is fun. You can choose 2k, 5k or go crazy and do a 10k.
Children
No Data