Cape Cod, MA training group?

I'm going to be in Cape Cod in a couple weeks, Cotuit, and looking for a low key training group. I know there's a big OW event in Mashpee every June, so I figure there may be some regulars that train near there. I'm 70 and pretty slow.
  • I'm going to be in Cape Cod in a couple weeks, Cotuit, and looking for a low key training group. I know there's a big OW event in Mashpee every June, so I figure there may be some regulars that train near there. I'm 70 and pretty slow. In my experience most of the masters swimmers in the Mashpee race are visitors from the Boston area and Rhode Island. There are plenty of locals in the swim, but they seem to be mainly age groupers from the local team. You might want to try the Facebook pages of the New England LMSC and Swim Rhode Island to see if they have any suggestions of groups to swim with. There is also a Boston Open Water Swimmers FB group. I'm sure many of them spend time on the Cape and/or have some knowledge of open water swimmers there. Happy swim vacation.