OWS not using freestyle.

I gave been struggling with a rotator cuff issue-making freestyle almost impossible. Backstroke, breaststroke, sidestroke, over arm sidestroke (with good arm) are fine. I can make headway, but it does feel like cleaning a gym floor with a toothbrush. Is this practical for ~2-4 mile open water swims? I have an event coming up; and I have 2 (maybe more?) choices. Skip it (kind of important-don't really want to do that) or do it with theses non traditional strokes. I am not too concerned about time (other than falling too far behind and getting pulled from the race). Besides, if I can get through this under these circumstances, I will give myself all kinds of extra credit.
Parents
  • I didn't know that about Navy SEALs. I actually like that stroke with head out of the water enjoying the scenery. Backstroke is too hard to see. Breastroke might be fine for awhile. But the whole thing is just frustrating and demoralizing...
  • I didn't know that about Navy SEALs. I actually like that stroke with head out of the water enjoying the scenery. Backstroke is too hard to see. Breastroke might be fine for awhile. But the whole thing is just frustrating and demoralizing...
Children
No Data