New York Open Water 2018 Calendar

Former Member
Former Member
www.nyopenwater.org/.../ Registration for 20 Bridges (Manhattan Circumnavigation Swim) and 8 Bridges (7 stage swimmers only) opens on Nov 1 at noon Eastern Time
  • Dangit I wish the water was warmer. 20 Bridges intrigues me so much. I just hate cold. Hate it.
  • Dangit I wish the water was warmer. 20 Bridges intrigues me so much. I just hate cold. Hate it. Don't miss 20 bridges. I did it in June and found it warm. Barra puts on a great "race". Only way to see NY.
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 6 years ago
    Dangit I wish the water was warmer. 20 Bridges intrigues me so much. I just hate cold. Hate it. July and August are quite hot in NY
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 6 years ago
    Dangit I wish the water was warmer. 20 Bridges intrigues me so much. I just hate cold. Hate it. July and August are quite hot in NY
  • Don't miss 20 bridges. I did it in June and found it warm. Barra puts on a great "race". Only way to see NY. I am entered to swim 20 bridges in July 2018. What can you tell me about what you experienced? Conditions? Wind? Current? Thank you; anything would be helpful Judy Caves
  • Start southern part of Manhattan, at high tide which pushes you up the Harlem and East River. Roving gangs of jet ski a-holes near the junction to the Hudson River that like to buzz your head. You have your own boat and kayaker that guide and feed you. Swim with the current down Hudson. Wind was coming from south so the Hudson was very choppy. If there wasn't wind, I'm betting you could really haul ***. Water in high 60s to low 70s in June. Have fun.