Help needed: What's next for me after Ironman length swims?

So I went from a slow, struggling swimmer at the beginning of this year to swimming slowly but longer distances (2:30/100m over 4-5k, etc) and I enjoy it a lot. So what's next for me? I'm a complete newbie to this, so what's the natural progression for me knowing I can do distances and want to focus on a good swim goal in 2018.

Any advice would be much appreciated.
Parents
  • Couple of options for you. You could continue doing the 2.4 mile swims, but try working on speed a bit. Or you could challenge yourself with a 5k somewhere. SwimMiami has several distances, including a 5k, in March down in the Miami Beach area. They also host several other events throughout the year. There are several races down in the Caribbean with all kinds of ranges up to 10k - St John, St Croix, St Kitts crossing, Turks and Caicos, Barbados. Just google one of those islands and swim race; you'll find them. Or you could grab a couple of friends and do a relay.
  • Couple of options for you. You could continue doing the 2.4 mile swims, but try working on speed a bit. Or you could challenge yourself with a 5k somewhere. SwimMiami has several distances, including a 5k, in March down in the Miami Beach area. They also host several other events throughout the year. There are several races down in the Caribbean with all kinds of ranges up to 10k - St John, St Croix, St Kitts crossing, Turks and Caicos, Barbados. Just google one of those islands and swim race; you'll find them. Or you could grab a couple of friends and do a relay.
Children
No Data