Ocean swim

First time swimming more than a few yards in the ocean. Did about a half mile off the beach in Jamaica. Windy day, so the swells forced me to lift my head way out of the water, plus I could only breath on the shore side. I'm an Adirondack lake guy, can't say I like ocean swimming. Sinuses filled with salt is very uncomfortable. www.facebook.com/.../
  • Sorry, that link was to my wife's videos. Must not be marked public. Here it is again. www.facebook.com/.../
  • Hi Sumorunner, the link didn't work for me. But I too just did a 1 mile beach swim recently. We were definitely against the current and the swells were so high, I could barely see the buoys and didn't see anybody around me. I had to swim with my head up till I was able to see whats upfront. Did not like it at all. The kicking and shoving from the triathletes didn't help either. At some point, I swear someone tried to swim on top of me. I've decided to "retire" from open water swimming (even though it was only my 2nd). I'm sticking to the pool, where I am either looking at the wonderful black line or colorful flags, can actually see my arms and have lane lines that keep the crazies in line.