Swim bubble safety marker buoy color recommendations

I plan to do a fair amount of lake swimming during an upcoming vacation. I'll probably do two or three boat accompanied 1500m plus swims as well as regular training swims along fairly well protected shoreline swimming laps between two boat docks. Last year I tried to tried to jerry rig a buoy to increase my visibility using a life jacket. It didn't work - kept kicking it. So this year I'm purchasing a proper buoy such a the New Wave. Does anyone have any experience finding some colors better than others? The pink one is cheapest and I'm fine with the color unless others have found it not bright enough.
Parents
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 7 years ago
    FWIW I have an orange one and my buddy has a yellow one. My wife has mentioned that mine seems more visible. 'tuna I plan to do a fair amount of lake swimming during an upcoming vacation. I'll probably do two or three boat accompanied 1500m plus swims as well as regular training swims along fairly well protected shoreline swimming laps between two boat docks. Last year I tried to tried to jerry rig a buoy to increase my visibility using a life jacket. It didn't work - kept kicking it. So this year I'm purchasing a proper buoy such a the New Wave. Does anyone have any experience finding some colors better than others? The pink one is cheapest and I'm fine with the color unless others have found it not bright enough.
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 7 years ago
    FWIW I have an orange one and my buddy has a yellow one. My wife has mentioned that mine seems more visible. 'tuna I plan to do a fair amount of lake swimming during an upcoming vacation. I'll probably do two or three boat accompanied 1500m plus swims as well as regular training swims along fairly well protected shoreline swimming laps between two boat docks. Last year I tried to tried to jerry rig a buoy to increase my visibility using a life jacket. It didn't work - kept kicking it. So this year I'm purchasing a proper buoy such a the New Wave. Does anyone have any experience finding some colors better than others? The pink one is cheapest and I'm fine with the color unless others have found it not bright enough.
Children
No Data