Need help finding lakes to swim

I am looking for recommendations of what lakes are good to swim in near Martinsburg, WV, south central PA, western MD and western VA. I'm working on my bucket list and would greatly appreciate any help. The timeframe would be the first weeks Kcto Dr. Thank you so much!
Parents
  • I was looking for Open Water swim events within a 2 hour drive of my home and came across this website: rays-notebook.info/.../Mid Atlantic.html. The Lake Royer swim at Fort Ritchie is in the Geographic are you describe. I was recently near there on a hiking and cycling trip at the area is very scenic. I ended up not doing the swim event due to schedule conflict, but it looked like a nice place. You could also look at https://www.vtsmts.com to see what open water they use for their triathlons. I think there were some lakes in the Shenandoah area. I don't know that these locations have public swimming when a formal race is not going on, but it might be a starting point. I live in Delaware and all of our better open water swimming is either near/on the Chesapeake Bay or the Atlantic Ocean. Our ponds a vile pea soup color and definitely not worthy of a bucket list.
  • I was looking for Open Water swim events within a 2 hour drive of my home and came across this website: rays-notebook.info/.../Mid Atlantic.html. The Lake Royer swim at Fort Ritchie is in the Geographic are you describe. I was recently near there on a hiking and cycling trip at the area is very scenic. I ended up not doing the swim event due to schedule conflict, but it looked like a nice place. You could also look at https://www.vtsmts.com to see what open water they use for their triathlons. I think there were some lakes in the Shenandoah area. I don't know that these locations have public swimming when a formal race is not going on, but it might be a starting point. I live in Delaware and all of our better open water swimming is either near/on the Chesapeake Bay or the Atlantic Ocean. Our ponds a vile pea soup color and definitely not worthy of a bucket list.
Children
No Data