Prescription mirrored anti-fog goggles

I have a pair of Sable goggles which I've had for a few years and they have been great....except they aren't dark enough on a bright sunny open water swim. I'm struggling to find an equal-in-quality pair of prescription anti-fog goggles that are mirrored or otherwise are dark enough to help out with the sun glare. Ideally these would allow me to have a prescription strength that differs for each eye, but I'd be willing to work with the same strength for both eyes if I had to. Have any other optically-challenged open water/outdoor pool swimmers found this mythical pair of magical goggles?
Parents
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 6 years ago
    Anti-fog is a mythical beast. You can use a dab of Johnson's baby shampoo before the swim, putting a thin layer on then rinse it off in the water before you put them on. It's worked for many hours to keep the fog out. Been doing it for years. Just be careful not to scratch the lenses with your fingernails. I too use Johnson's Baby Shampoo and have for years. I typically swim in 52-57 degree water so condensation is a big problem. I use a 1.5 oz. travel size shampoo, use less than half a drop per lens, and rinse almost completely before entering the water. Very effective. Anti fog lenses and commercial anti fog sprays don't work; Johnson's does. A travel size lasts well over a year.
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 6 years ago
    Anti-fog is a mythical beast. You can use a dab of Johnson's baby shampoo before the swim, putting a thin layer on then rinse it off in the water before you put them on. It's worked for many hours to keep the fog out. Been doing it for years. Just be careful not to scratch the lenses with your fingernails. I too use Johnson's Baby Shampoo and have for years. I typically swim in 52-57 degree water so condensation is a big problem. I use a 1.5 oz. travel size shampoo, use less than half a drop per lens, and rinse almost completely before entering the water. Very effective. Anti fog lenses and commercial anti fog sprays don't work; Johnson's does. A travel size lasts well over a year.
Children
No Data