Prescription mirrored anti-fog goggles

I have a pair of Sable goggles which I've had for a few years and they have been great....except they aren't dark enough on a bright sunny open water swim. I'm struggling to find an equal-in-quality pair of prescription anti-fog goggles that are mirrored or otherwise are dark enough to help out with the sun glare. Ideally these would allow me to have a prescription strength that differs for each eye, but I'd be willing to work with the same strength for both eyes if I had to. Have any other optically-challenged open water/outdoor pool swimmers found this mythical pair of magical goggles?
Parents
  • Speedo Vanquisher Opticals have worked well enough for me, too. I use clear for indoor, smoke for outdoor including open water. I think I have 5 pair right now; one of each in the training bag, a newer pair of each in the "meet bag," and an old, kinda-scratched-but-still-serviceable pair of clear ones in the "I forgot my regular training bag on the way out the door to work emergency swim bag" which is stuff in the spare tire well of my trunk. This comment applies more or less to my optical goggle usage, but I wear smoke "copycat" Sportis due to a better fit. Yes, the anti-fog capacity is very perishable, fading away over 3-4 months, but for up to 18 months or so there is a good consistent non leaking seal and then eventually they require significant strap tightening. Goggle wear and tear will be subject to frequency of use, hence the "meet bag", but careful handling can prolong functionality. Rinse with clean warm water (use soap sparingly if at all) and air dry, be careful not to touch or rub lenses on either side as the anti-fog interior lense coating is easy to wear off and/or scratch. Contact lense moisture drops, or baby shampoo will help provide some anti-fog capacity after the original coating wears away. It's good to be redundant with training gear, swim suits, goggles, etc, because there will always be something unexpected that can happen. During the last six years that I swam almost entirely outdoors in SWFL, I searched far and wide for mirrored optical goggles for both pool and OWS. As already commented, they do not appear to exist yet, but I'm still hopeful. However having recently relocated to Charlotte, NC and swimming mostly indoors, the smoke googles are sufficient.
  • Speedo Vanquisher Opticals have worked well enough for me, too. I use clear for indoor, smoke for outdoor including open water. I think I have 5 pair right now; one of each in the training bag, a newer pair of each in the "meet bag," and an old, kinda-scratched-but-still-serviceable pair of clear ones in the "I forgot my regular training bag on the way out the door to work emergency swim bag" which is stuff in the spare tire well of my trunk. This comment applies more or less to my optical goggle usage, but I wear smoke "copycat" Sportis due to a better fit. Yes, the anti-fog capacity is very perishable, fading away over 3-4 months, but for up to 18 months or so there is a good consistent non leaking seal and then eventually they require significant strap tightening. Goggle wear and tear will be subject to frequency of use, hence the "meet bag", but careful handling can prolong functionality. Rinse with clean warm water (use soap sparingly if at all) and air dry, be careful not to touch or rub lenses on either side as the anti-fog interior lense coating is easy to wear off and/or scratch. Contact lense moisture drops, or baby shampoo will help provide some anti-fog capacity after the original coating wears away. It's good to be redundant with training gear, swim suits, goggles, etc, because there will always be something unexpected that can happen. During the last six years that I swam almost entirely outdoors in SWFL, I searched far and wide for mirrored optical goggles for both pool and OWS. As already commented, they do not appear to exist yet, but I'm still hopeful. However having recently relocated to Charlotte, NC and swimming mostly indoors, the smoke googles are sufficient.
Children
No Data