Prescription mirrored anti-fog goggles

I have a pair of Sable goggles which I've had for a few years and they have been great....except they aren't dark enough on a bright sunny open water swim. I'm struggling to find an equal-in-quality pair of prescription anti-fog goggles that are mirrored or otherwise are dark enough to help out with the sun glare. Ideally these would allow me to have a prescription strength that differs for each eye, but I'd be willing to work with the same strength for both eyes if I had to. Have any other optically-challenged open water/outdoor pool swimmers found this mythical pair of magical goggles?
Parents
  • I've used Speedo vanquisher opticals for a long while (or less expensive "clones"). They come in a "smoke" which helps with sun glare. You can buy 2 pairs, one in each eye prescription, and then swap over one eyepiece to get 2 pairs to suit your eyes. They are very affordable (eg smoke -2s at under $20). I usually buy new each year, use the new to race and last year's race pair for training. Neither mythical nor magical but they do the job for me :) I don't know if they will be dark enough for you but they might be worth a try Speedo Vanquisher Opticals have worked well enough for me, too. I use clear for indoor, smoke for outdoor including open water. I think I have 5 pair right now; one of each in the training bag, a newer pair of each in the "meet bag," and an old, kinda-scratched-but-still-serviceable pair of clear ones in the "I forgot my regular training bag on the way out the door to work emergency swim bag" which is stuff in the spare tire well of my trunk.
  • I've used Speedo vanquisher opticals for a long while (or less expensive "clones"). They come in a "smoke" which helps with sun glare. You can buy 2 pairs, one in each eye prescription, and then swap over one eyepiece to get 2 pairs to suit your eyes. They are very affordable (eg smoke -2s at under $20). I usually buy new each year, use the new to race and last year's race pair for training. Neither mythical nor magical but they do the job for me :) I don't know if they will be dark enough for you but they might be worth a try Speedo Vanquisher Opticals have worked well enough for me, too. I use clear for indoor, smoke for outdoor including open water. I think I have 5 pair right now; one of each in the training bag, a newer pair of each in the "meet bag," and an old, kinda-scratched-but-still-serviceable pair of clear ones in the "I forgot my regular training bag on the way out the door to work emergency swim bag" which is stuff in the spare tire well of my trunk.
Children
No Data