Open Water Florida

Hello All! Another newbie here. I am trying to get out of the pool (30+ years of pool swimming have become boring) and want to try some open water events. I am having a tough time finding any, surprisingly, since I live in Central Florida. Any suggestions on where I might find a comprehensive calendar of open water events? Thanks, -Chris
Parents
  • There used to be one on the MarathonSwimmers.org page, I think, but they generally have more long distance stuff. Here are a few OW swims I know of... Google them Swim Miami has several races down in Miami/Ft Lauderdale throughout the year. Hammerhead Ocean marathon (misnomer) has a 1.2 and 2.4 miler in August every year right down the coast of Jacksonville Swim Around Key West (relay or solo) Ft Myers Swim Fest (not sure if it's still going on) Alligator Lighthouse Swim (tough one) Swim Around Lido Key (I think)
  • There used to be one on the MarathonSwimmers.org page, I think, but they generally have more long distance stuff. Here are a few OW swims I know of... Google them Swim Miami has several races down in Miami/Ft Lauderdale throughout the year. Hammerhead Ocean marathon (misnomer) has a 1.2 and 2.4 miler in August every year right down the coast of Jacksonville Swim Around Key West (relay or solo) Ft Myers Swim Fest (not sure if it's still going on) Alligator Lighthouse Swim (tough one) Swim Around Lido Key (I think)
Children
No Data