gps tracker for swimming

Figure I should ask the OW swimmers since this will be the primary purpose for my use. Need some guidance shopping around for a simple gps tracking device I can wear while swimming in nature. Few features needed, just something that I can use to review where I swam and the distance I traveled. It must be water proof to at least 10 meters. Is there anything affordable with a decent level of sampling rate? Though not necessary, are there any products that can log a graphic representation of swimming velocity in M/s? Thank you
Parents
  • I went ahead and bought the Forerunner 15. At $70, it works well tucked in my swim cap on the back of my head. Swimming a relatively tight loop in a lake may have affected how it measured distance swum as it had me clocked at about 1:44 per 100m when I felt I was going a little more like 1:40 per 100m. I'll be using it in a 5K on a longer course next Sunday. connect.garmin.com/.../1885552852
  • I went ahead and bought the Forerunner 15. At $70, it works well tucked in my swim cap on the back of my head. Swimming a relatively tight loop in a lake may have affected how it measured distance swum as it had me clocked at about 1:44 per 100m when I felt I was going a little more like 1:40 per 100m. I'll be using it in a 5K on a longer course next Sunday. connect.garmin.com/.../1885552852
Children
No Data