gps tracker for swimming

Figure I should ask the OW swimmers since this will be the primary purpose for my use. Need some guidance shopping around for a simple gps tracking device I can wear while swimming in nature. Few features needed, just something that I can use to review where I swam and the distance I traveled. It must be water proof to at least 10 meters. Is there anything affordable with a decent level of sampling rate? Though not necessary, are there any products that can log a graphic representation of swimming velocity in M/s? Thank you
Parents
  • So can I infer that if I use the Garmin Forerunner 15, it should be in my cap or in a buoy so it doesn't go underwater? Correct. GPS devices that are not specifically designed with swimming functions / i.e. running watches will not calculate distance accurately and some even be potentially damaged by the forces of the freestyle pull. Therefore they should be used in the swim cap or buoy. Actually, even the triathlon watches will measure distance more accurately if they are above water.
  • So can I infer that if I use the Garmin Forerunner 15, it should be in my cap or in a buoy so it doesn't go underwater? Correct. GPS devices that are not specifically designed with swimming functions / i.e. running watches will not calculate distance accurately and some even be potentially damaged by the forces of the freestyle pull. Therefore they should be used in the swim cap or buoy. Actually, even the triathlon watches will measure distance more accurately if they are above water.
Children
No Data