gps tracker for swimming

Figure I should ask the OW swimmers since this will be the primary purpose for my use. Need some guidance shopping around for a simple gps tracking device I can wear while swimming in nature. Few features needed, just something that I can use to review where I swam and the distance I traveled. It must be water proof to at least 10 meters. Is there anything affordable with a decent level of sampling rate? Though not necessary, are there any products that can log a graphic representation of swimming velocity in M/s? Thank you
Parents
  • I recently purchased the Garmin Forerunner 735XT on a Garmin-sponsored sale $315 instead of 449. It works very well in open water. The mapping on the course isn't perfect, but certainly good enough and the distance reported seems reliable. Very lightweight, it doesn't bother me at all while swimming. It takes a little time to understand all the set up options, but it was worth it.
  • I recently purchased the Garmin Forerunner 735XT on a Garmin-sponsored sale $315 instead of 449. It works very well in open water. The mapping on the course isn't perfect, but certainly good enough and the distance reported seems reliable. Very lightweight, it doesn't bother me at all while swimming. It takes a little time to understand all the set up options, but it was worth it.
Children
No Data