Technical suits vs competition/training suits

Anyone with experience in races above 10K- is it comfortable for a female to swim a 9mile race in a tech suit (knee-skin) or a training regular swim suit would be more comfortable? Thanks.
Parents
  • You may experience chafing. I've definitely spent hours sitting around at meets in a tech suit with no harm done, but have also experienced chafing from doing 3 concurrent races 5k-3k-1k open water swim in same tech suit where it became an issue. Body Glide may help. You may want to try swimming through a workout and see what that's like, if you have an old suit you don't plan to race in. Also TN River in Chattanooga is usually mid 70s in early June so I wouldn't worry too much about overheating.
  • You may experience chafing. I've definitely spent hours sitting around at meets in a tech suit with no harm done, but have also experienced chafing from doing 3 concurrent races 5k-3k-1k open water swim in same tech suit where it became an issue. Body Glide may help. You may want to try swimming through a workout and see what that's like, if you have an old suit you don't plan to race in. Also TN River in Chattanooga is usually mid 70s in early June so I wouldn't worry too much about overheating.
Children
No Data