Wetsuit sizing

Open water season begins in upstate NY around the end of May, so I'm looking at wet suits. Problem is, I'm built like a Tolkein dwarf. 48" chest, 42" waist, 18" neck, but I'm only 5'4" tall. The size 3XL suits should fit well width-wise, but then the legs are going to be half a mile too long. Is there a solution for me?
Parents
  • Two ideas: 1. My Xterra swim wetsuit is intentionally constructed to end mid-calf on my average height female body compared to my longer inseam SCUBA wetsuit which is designed to reach ankles and overlap with booties. Sort of like the difference between capris and pants in clothing. If I were short, the legs would probably hit at the ankles and still be usable -- it may be worth a try 2. I know someone who breastrokes all her triathlon swims (even 2.2 mile iron distance). She can't stand having her knees restricted and has cut off the wetsuit legs above the knees -- evidently it is possible to cut them off without destroying the suit. 3. SCUBA style wetsuits can be ordered custom made through SCUBA shops. Perhaps swim wetsuits can be as well.
  • Two ideas: 1. My Xterra swim wetsuit is intentionally constructed to end mid-calf on my average height female body compared to my longer inseam SCUBA wetsuit which is designed to reach ankles and overlap with booties. Sort of like the difference between capris and pants in clothing. If I were short, the legs would probably hit at the ankles and still be usable -- it may be worth a try 2. I know someone who breastrokes all her triathlon swims (even 2.2 mile iron distance). She can't stand having her knees restricted and has cut off the wetsuit legs above the knees -- evidently it is possible to cut them off without destroying the suit. 3. SCUBA style wetsuits can be ordered custom made through SCUBA shops. Perhaps swim wetsuits can be as well.
Children
No Data