Oregon LMSC 2017 Summer Open Water Schedule

The Oregon LMSC is pleased to announce the 2017 Summer Open Water Schedule: ‘Beautiful Lake Juniper’ Clinic & Swim, Bend, OR. May 20-21. USMS-sanctioned. Advanced Open Water Clinic, a unique learning opportunity featuring Olympian & World Champion Alex Meyer, on Saturday morning. 1200-meter buoy swim on Sunday morning in 50 meter pool. Info: www.clubassistant.com/.../meet_information.cfm Foster Lake Cable Swims, Sweet Home, OR. June 24. USMS-sanctioned. One & Two-mile cable swims on the only cable course west of Indiana. This year features the USMS Two-mile Cable Swim National Championships. Info: www.clubassistant.com/.../meet_information.cfm Portland Bridge Swim, Portland, OR. July 9. USMS-sanctioned. 17-km swim downstream in the Willamette River under all of Portland’s Bridges, a unique way to see the city. The definitive point-to-point swim in the northwest USA. Info: portlandbridgeswim.redpodium.com/portland-bridge-swim-2017 Southern Oregon Swims at Applegate Lake, Jacksonville, OR. July 15-16. USMS-sanctioned. Simultaneous 10-km, 5-km, and 2.5-km swims on Saturday and 1500-meter and 3 x 500-meter Pursuit Relay on Sunday. Info: www.clubassistant.com/.../meet_information.cfm Cascade Lakes Swim Series & Festival at Elk Lake, Bend, OR. July 28-30. USMS-sanctioned. 500, 1000, 1500, 3000, & 5000-meter swims over three days. This year features the USMS 5-km Open Water National Championships & the Oregon LMSC 1500-meter Open Water Championships. Info: www.clubassistant.com/.../meet_information.cfm Info about the Oregon Open Water Series: swimoregon.org/.../17-OMS-OW-Series-Description.pdf And for those already planning for 2018, Oregon is proud to host ‘Your Oregon Swimcation’, a festival event featuring three USMS Open Water National Championships! Visit beautiful Oregon and participate in three great distance swims in one week. Here’s the 2018 festival schedule: --Sunday, July 8: Portland Bridge Swim 17-km; --Thursday, July 12: Foster Lake 2-mile cable swim; --Saturday, July 14: Applegate Lake 10-km.
Parents
  • Well, in Oregon you swim right next to a cable which makes it nice (Indianapolis was like a rowing course and just small buoys every certain distance). The point is it is exact distance so you can have records. I prefer the Oregon course because you don't have to sight as much. Foster lake is beautiful, quaint, and I think I want to retire there. Bob Bruce does a great job. Don't remember temps but I would guess mid 70s. I agree with all of this. Foster Lake is great and no one does a better job running an event than Bob Bruce! As for water temperature, it can vary quite a bit year to year. The first year it was the 2 mile cable NC (2012), I think the water was in the mid to low 60s. The last few years with warm springs, it has been in the lower 70s. This year I'd expect it to be in the mid 60s, perhaps upper 60s, by next weekend. The temperature of Foster Lake varies quite a bit depending on how late spring comes and how much snow we have.
  • Well, in Oregon you swim right next to a cable which makes it nice (Indianapolis was like a rowing course and just small buoys every certain distance). The point is it is exact distance so you can have records. I prefer the Oregon course because you don't have to sight as much. Foster lake is beautiful, quaint, and I think I want to retire there. Bob Bruce does a great job. Don't remember temps but I would guess mid 70s. I agree with all of this. Foster Lake is great and no one does a better job running an event than Bob Bruce! As for water temperature, it can vary quite a bit year to year. The first year it was the 2 mile cable NC (2012), I think the water was in the mid to low 60s. The last few years with warm springs, it has been in the lower 70s. This year I'd expect it to be in the mid 60s, perhaps upper 60s, by next weekend. The temperature of Foster Lake varies quite a bit depending on how late spring comes and how much snow we have.
Children
No Data