Wetsuit that DOESN'T have extra bouyancy in the legs?

It seems like most wetsuits emphasize extra buoyancy in the legs, since triathletes tend to have lean, heavy legs. I have the opposite problem: I am naturally crazy-buoyant. The wetsuits I've used in the past make my legs ride too high so that I end up swimming with a strongly arched back. This screws up my body position and I end up with a back ache. At the same time, I am a cold-water weenie so I still want the warmth of a full-sleeve wetsuit. I've spent the past couple of hours looking at various reviews sites, including the Swimmer wetsuit review videos. I've noticed that some people distinguish "swimmer" wetsuits from "triathlon" wetsuits. Does anyone else have this issue? Any recommendations?
Parents
  • Thanks, MSK. I think I remember one of the testers in a Swimmer review mentioning triathlete vs. swimmer in his comments. I'll have to go back and look at the videos again. Making my own shorty by cutting off the legs of a full-sleeve suit is a possibility -- though I'd definitely try it with one of my old, ratty wetsuits first!
  • Thanks, MSK. I think I remember one of the testers in a Swimmer review mentioning triathlete vs. swimmer in his comments. I'll have to go back and look at the videos again. Making my own shorty by cutting off the legs of a full-sleeve suit is a possibility -- though I'd definitely try it with one of my old, ratty wetsuits first!
Children
No Data