Feed Station

We are planning to do our first 5K, possible 10K, this summer in Montana. We've never had to deal with a feed station and we are wondering what types of nutrition and drinks other people would use and recommend for swimming these distances?
Parents
  • I am a big fan of UCan drink for longer distance races of any kind. I'll take a bottle of it before the race and then in a 10k if I have a feeder, I'll have them give it to me about 2/3 of the way thru the race, if possible. It keeps the blood sugar really stable, without the usual highs and dips from other carb/sugar drinks. When I did Key West a few years ago, I alternated water and UCan every 20ish minutes and never really waned or felt hungry in 5-ish hours. Good stuff.
  • I am a big fan of UCan drink for longer distance races of any kind. I'll take a bottle of it before the race and then in a 10k if I have a feeder, I'll have them give it to me about 2/3 of the way thru the race, if possible. It keeps the blood sugar really stable, without the usual highs and dips from other carb/sugar drinks. When I did Key West a few years ago, I alternated water and UCan every 20ish minutes and never really waned or felt hungry in 5-ish hours. Good stuff.
Children
No Data