Feed Station

We are planning to do our first 5K, possible 10K, this summer in Montana. We've never had to deal with a feed station and we are wondering what types of nutrition and drinks other people would use and recommend for swimming these distances?
Parents
  • When I host a 5K I don’t have any feeding stations. But I do give the lifeguards and course monitors extra water in case a swimmer asks for some. For our 10K we have an anchored pontoon boat for a feeding station and take whatever nutrition the swimmers bring to the boat. We organize the feeding by racer number, and as the swimmer gets to the station they call out their number and the feeding crew gives them their supplies. We also keep bottled water on the feeding station and give this to anyone who asks. Side note – remember to provide you on-water lifeguards with water and other nutrition. For a 10K they can be on the water for 3-4 hours.
  • When I host a 5K I don’t have any feeding stations. But I do give the lifeguards and course monitors extra water in case a swimmer asks for some. For our 10K we have an anchored pontoon boat for a feeding station and take whatever nutrition the swimmers bring to the boat. We organize the feeding by racer number, and as the swimmer gets to the station they call out their number and the feeding crew gives them their supplies. We also keep bottled water on the feeding station and give this to anyone who asks. Side note – remember to provide you on-water lifeguards with water and other nutrition. For a 10K they can be on the water for 3-4 hours.
Children
No Data