Carribean vacation swimming

We are planning a trip to the Carribean and trying to decide between Grand Caymans, Aruba or St. Croix. I would love a place to solo swim a couple miles each day safely. Any suggestions? Thanks ! Annie
Parents
  • I have only been to Grand Cayman of the three you mentioned, but for what it is worth the beaches and island are amazing. The main tourist track is along 7 mile beach, which is a long strip of white sand beach. There is the usual activity there all day with watersports and the like, but in the morning this area is very calm and when I was there many people used this time to swim this stretch. Also Just north of this is a lesser known beach and reef, with far less activity. The beach is called Cemetery beach, named because there is a cemetery adjacent to the beach. This is a great place to not only swim, but snorkel as there is a reef right off the beach. Let us know where you end up going, happy swimming!
  • I have only been to Grand Cayman of the three you mentioned, but for what it is worth the beaches and island are amazing. The main tourist track is along 7 mile beach, which is a long strip of white sand beach. There is the usual activity there all day with watersports and the like, but in the morning this area is very calm and when I was there many people used this time to swim this stretch. Also Just north of this is a lesser known beach and reef, with far less activity. The beach is called Cemetery beach, named because there is a cemetery adjacent to the beach. This is a great place to not only swim, but snorkel as there is a reef right off the beach. Let us know where you end up going, happy swimming!
Children
No Data