Tiki Swim after being out from injury

Former Member
Former Member
Hello, I am new to the forum and have been quietly looking through old threads to see if I could find a similar question. I am signed up to swim the 1.2 mile tiki swim in Oceanside California this weekend. I was supposed to compete in several other events throughout the competition season, but old sports injuries kept reappearing. I am healthy and am now trying to decide if it's a good idea to do the swim. I completed the same swim last year in about 50 minutes and 4-5 other swims of the same distance. The thing is I have not been consistent with my training swims. I can do 1500m nonstop in the pool without problems and have been training for law enforcement tests with running, sprinting and weight training, all of which have been consistent. Part of me thinks that the 1.2 is ultimately more a mental feat, simply because it has been a while since I have been in ow, rather than a physical one and I will be fine. The other part feels like I should skip the swim even though it is one of my favorites. I am torn. Any one have similar experiences or any suggestions? -Shannon
Parents
  • ^^ Well said. I was going to tell you something similar. You're pretty close already with 1500. When you're in a race, you get a different surge and excitement. That extra 300-ish yards will be turning back to shore so you'll be excited anyway. I say go for it and have a great time!
  • ^^ Well said. I was going to tell you something similar. You're pretty close already with 1500. When you're in a race, you get a different surge and excitement. That extra 300-ish yards will be turning back to shore so you'll be excited anyway. I say go for it and have a great time!
Children
No Data