Valley Forge Marathon Swim

A good read for OW swimmers. By Diana McManus who was a finisher herself. www.mainlinemedianews.com/.../doc57d83bec4e244617681239.txt
Parents
  • Nice writeup of the race. Sounds like a tough one having to go up current, but it's nice to have that "downhill" 2m at the end to recover and finish with a bang. How cold/warm was the water? Thanks! Yeah, that upstream part was slooooow! But you couldn't really go off course, and the water wasn't choppy, just when I turned and had the current w me, it was definitely a relief! Water temp, measured at the start was 81, with some warmer and cooler pockets here and there. Temp of the beer at the end was perfect, however! :) Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
  • Nice writeup of the race. Sounds like a tough one having to go up current, but it's nice to have that "downhill" 2m at the end to recover and finish with a bang. How cold/warm was the water? Thanks! Yeah, that upstream part was slooooow! But you couldn't really go off course, and the water wasn't choppy, just when I turned and had the current w me, it was definitely a relief! Water temp, measured at the start was 81, with some warmer and cooler pockets here and there. Temp of the beer at the end was perfect, however! :) Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
Children
No Data