contact for a galway swim on september 17

I will be touring in Ireland in mid September and will be in Galway on the 17th. I have some free time in the afternoon and notice there is a cool blackrock diving tower to jump off and swim around. I am a bit nervous about uncharted waters and swimming alone so I am looking for a contact or a group to join for a swim. Anyone have any contacts?
Parents
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 8 years ago
    Hi. I have checked the tide tables and high is 18:20 so you should be good to jump of the tower from about 2 hours before high. To be sure check that the lower arch's are covered by the incoming tide. There are swimmers there from 7am to about 9pm every day so you should have no problem swimming. The bay is very safe place to swim as there are no currents to worry about. At the moment there are a row of buoys running parallel to the shore starting at 100mts to 750mts and you are only about 100mts from the shore at any time if you swim the buoys. I'm there every day from 16:00 to 18:00.
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 8 years ago
    Hi. I have checked the tide tables and high is 18:20 so you should be good to jump of the tower from about 2 hours before high. To be sure check that the lower arch's are covered by the incoming tide. There are swimmers there from 7am to about 9pm every day so you should have no problem swimming. The bay is very safe place to swim as there are no currents to worry about. At the moment there are a row of buoys running parallel to the shore starting at 100mts to 750mts and you are only about 100mts from the shore at any time if you swim the buoys. I'm there every day from 16:00 to 18:00.
Children
No Data