Valley Forge swim?

I just saw an announcement for the Valley Forge Marathon Swim (8 miler) on September 2. This would be my longest swim by a couple of miles, but it's close, cheap, and soon, so I'm tempted! Any information or feedback from people who have done it?
  • If you are on Facebook ask Diane McManus. She will be there, has done it before. She trains with French Creek Racing. www.facebook.com/diane.mcmanus.716 www.facebook.com/.../
  • Definitely go for it! Race director, John Kenny, is both a terrific open water swimmer (won it last year) and has a lot of experience as a race director. ... open water swims, triathlons, and an aquathlon. He also coaches my masters group... awesome there too! This will be the 2nd year of the Valley Forge swim. Last year, i was in it, and it has a nice community vibe. It's small, and in fairly calm, warm water (buy w some cool pockets, so not oppressively warm. You need to have a kayaker s name and email when you enter. Here's the link for more info... www.squadup.com/.../valley-forge-marathon-swim Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
  • Definitely go for it! Race director, John Kenny, is both a terrific open water swimmer (won it last year) and has a lot of experience as a race director. ... open water swims, triathlons, and an aquathlon. He also coaches my masters group... awesome there too! This will be the 2nd year of the Valley Forge swim. Last year, i was in it, and it has a nice community vibe. It's small, and in fairly calm, warm water (buy w some cool pockets, so not oppressively warm. You need to have a kayaker s name and email when you enter. Here's the link for more info... www.squadup.com/.../valley-forge-marathon-swim Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk Entries are still open too!