Nantucket swimming

Former Member
Former Member
Hi, I'll be in Nantucket this summer and was wondering if people have advice in general for places to swim? Are there any groups? I did some looking online but didn't find anything recent. I know there's the Nantucket Community Pool but I'm mainly looking for open water. I'll be staying on the south side, near madaket and last year I also stayed there and swam a few times there along the coast. Would swimming to Tuckernuck be an option? I'm not too worried about rip currents, rough waters, etc. (I have a lot of OW experience) but don't know about boat traffic etc. Thanks in advance!
Parents
  • I'll be out there Aug 10 - 25 and would be happy to meet up. I pinged the ACK Tri Club this morning to see if they have any standing OWS. There used to be a crew that met weekday mornings with Shimmo. Not sure if they are still doing that. Dionis and Eel Point are good options. I'd advise against swimming to Tuckernut, unless you have a support boat of some sort and its slack tide. I'm all for rough water swimming but that current is treacherous. Cheers! Craig
  • I'll be out there Aug 10 - 25 and would be happy to meet up. I pinged the ACK Tri Club this morning to see if they have any standing OWS. There used to be a crew that met weekday mornings with Shimmo. Not sure if they are still doing that. Dionis and Eel Point are good options. I'd advise against swimming to Tuckernut, unless you have a support boat of some sort and its slack tide. I'm all for rough water swimming but that current is treacherous. Cheers! Craig
Children
No Data