Nantucket swimming

Former Member
Former Member
Hi, I'll be in Nantucket this summer and was wondering if people have advice in general for places to swim? Are there any groups? I did some looking online but didn't find anything recent. I know there's the Nantucket Community Pool but I'm mainly looking for open water. I'll be staying on the south side, near madaket and last year I also stayed there and swam a few times there along the coast. Would swimming to Tuckernuck be an option? I'm not too worried about rip currents, rough waters, etc. (I have a lot of OW experience) but don't know about boat traffic etc. Thanks in advance!
Parents
  • Hi! Likewise, I'll be out there for a couple weeks in mid August and am always on the lookout for company with open water swims. I just pinged the ACK Tri club to see if there are any organized (or disorganized) OWS happening in the next few weeks. I've heard about a group that swims out of Monomoy/Shimmo on weekday mornings. Dionis and Eel Point are good options (anywhere in the Sound) - flat and no currents. I'm straying over in Nobsdeer and sometimes will just follow the shoreline. I would strongly advise against swimming out to Tuckernut without a support boat and at any time other than slack tide. Have you been out there before? I'm a strong OWS and don't mind swimming in washing machine conditions.but that current no joke and more swift than one might think. Happy to meet up if your interested. Cheers! Craig
  • Hi! Likewise, I'll be out there for a couple weeks in mid August and am always on the lookout for company with open water swims. I just pinged the ACK Tri club to see if there are any organized (or disorganized) OWS happening in the next few weeks. I've heard about a group that swims out of Monomoy/Shimmo on weekday mornings. Dionis and Eel Point are good options (anywhere in the Sound) - flat and no currents. I'm straying over in Nobsdeer and sometimes will just follow the shoreline. I would strongly advise against swimming out to Tuckernut without a support boat and at any time other than slack tide. Have you been out there before? I'm a strong OWS and don't mind swimming in washing machine conditions.but that current no joke and more swift than one might think. Happy to meet up if your interested. Cheers! Craig
Children
No Data