Fantastic news for the OWS Community!!

Copied and pasted from Marathon Swimmers Forum. 20 Bridges Circumnavigation Swim of Manhattan On behalf of New York Open Water, I would like to introduce 20 Bridges, a Circumnavigation Swim of Manhattan. The offerings of NYC Swim are on hiatus, and many of the open water community have been left high and dry. The crown jewel, MIMS, was an event that I looked forward to every year. It seems no longer reasonable to defer to a sanctioning body that is unable to provide the basic services required to attempt this iconic swim. The decision to add this swim to our calendar is not one we came to lightly. The logistics are complicated, and marathon swimming is a sport that frowns upon the usurpation of an established entity. We would not, nor could not have moved forward in this direction without the encouragement and support of so many marathon swimmers and safety personnel. David Barra New York Open Water Some information cleverly disguised as FAQ's -Why 20 Bridges and not MIMS? A few reasons.... We don't wish to infringe upon any trademarks either actual or implied, and we like bridges. (I hope we counted all of them!) -Will 20 Bridges count as part of the Triple Crown of Open Water Swimming? You bet! -How many swimmers can New York Open Water accommodate? Not sure. Our first run will be on August 15, 2016. We have 8 swimmers. -Will there be any other dates announced for 2016? If there is enough interest, August 20. -Can I pre-register for the 2017 season? We expect to announce dates for 2017 at the end of this season, and open registration on November 1, 2016. -Where can I get more info? "Like" our FB page, visit nyopenwater.org, send me an email david@nyopenwater.org:applaud: