Mirrored vs polarized | First open-water goggles for the Sun

Former Member
Former Member
Hello! I am looking to a second pair of goggles, strictly for use on sunny days in open water. I already have a pair of Swedes that I use in every other case, but I need something else for open-water swims in the ocean or lakes. I was looking at both the Kayenne and the Kaiman from Aquasphere, and I noticed that the Kayenne comes in both a polarized and a mirrored lens option. Does anyone have any experience with both of these styles (in any brand) and can comment on what the real-world difference is like? I have always used polarized lenses in my prescription sunglasses, so I am already familiar with how they work. But is there really any advantage to them when you're in the water? Thanks!
Parents
  • Take a look at this link from Roka to see how the different lens colors work (you'll have to scroll down a bit). www.rokasports.com/.../r1-goggle I've been really happy with my Rokas (light grey). They give a slightly wider view and the tinting helps with sighting quite a bit. We have MP/AquaSphere rep on our team and she gave me a set of the AquaSphere Kayenne polarized goggles to try out. I've used them for 2 races and like them even better than the Rokas for comfort. They made sighting of the orange buoys super easy. www.aquasphereswim.com/.../women-goggles
  • Take a look at this link from Roka to see how the different lens colors work (you'll have to scroll down a bit). www.rokasports.com/.../r1-goggle I've been really happy with my Rokas (light grey). They give a slightly wider view and the tinting helps with sighting quite a bit. We have MP/AquaSphere rep on our team and she gave me a set of the AquaSphere Kayenne polarized goggles to try out. I've used them for 2 races and like them even better than the Rokas for comfort. They made sighting of the orange buoys super easy. www.aquasphereswim.com/.../women-goggles
Children
No Data