Watches for open water swimming?

Hey all. I'm looking for a watch to wear on open-water swims. I'm mostly interested in the current temperature and the amount of time I've been in the water, so I don't need a smartwatch or GPS watch. I'm currently using a Casio Pathfinder, which has a temperature function and is reliably waterproof. The problem is that I can't access the temperature while viewing the stopwatch, and vice versa. To check the temp you have to go back to the main screen, press a button, and wait a few seconds. I'd rather just be able to glance at the watch and see the time and temp at a glance. Is there a good watch out there -- maybe a dive watch of some kind -- that does this? What do the rest of you wear on your wild swims?
Parents
  • I am a SCUBA diver of many years, but relatively new to open water swimming. Water temp is not a metric I prioritize so I use either s swim watch or a GPS triathlon watch. For your purpose I do not recommend a SCUBA watch. The temperature sensors are notoriously unreliable and the watches are optimized for metrics other than stop watch or other normal swim metrics. However, you might be able to use a SCUBA style watch strap mounted thermometer on an ordinary sports watch. For example: www.amazon.com/.../ref=sr_1_4
  • I am a SCUBA diver of many years, but relatively new to open water swimming. Water temp is not a metric I prioritize so I use either s swim watch or a GPS triathlon watch. For your purpose I do not recommend a SCUBA watch. The temperature sensors are notoriously unreliable and the watches are optimized for metrics other than stop watch or other normal swim metrics. However, you might be able to use a SCUBA style watch strap mounted thermometer on an ordinary sports watch. For example: www.amazon.com/.../ref=sr_1_4
Children
No Data