July 4th Coronado Swim

Has anyone done this swim before and, if so, did you enjoy it? Is it well attended? My parents live in San Diego and I'd like to get down to visit them in the next few months. If I could plan it to correspond to some kind of swimming event that would be ideal. Any other events in San Diego County? I know about the La Jolla Rough Water, but that's about the limit of my knowledge. Orange County is a possibility, but I'd prefer something between San Diego and Oceanside.
Parents
  • Thanks for the tips. My folks live in San Diego too and I'd love to join a visit with a race. :) The water is so dang cold, though. LOL! To think I grew up there and mom used to have to drag us kicking and screaming out of the ocean when it was time to leave. We'd swim no matter how cold it was.
  • Thanks for the tips. My folks live in San Diego too and I'd love to join a visit with a race. :) The water is so dang cold, though. LOL! To think I grew up there and mom used to have to drag us kicking and screaming out of the ocean when it was time to leave. We'd swim no matter how cold it was.
Children
No Data