Mens vs. Womens Cut Wetsuits

I'm hoping you all might be able to give me some advice on a men's vs. women's wetsuit. According to all the sizing charts, I'm sized out of the women's suits and need to order a men's. I'm 6' and 173-175lb. Depending on the brand, it may be a medium, medium/large or medium/long. I have another 6' friend who purchased a men's wetsuit and was pleased. But in thinking through it further, she's probably closer to 155-160 and has a boxy, athletic shape. I've got a pronounced hourglass shape going on. Are these things pretty much cut the same or am I going to find more room in the chest and hips on a womens suit? To make it even more complicated I'm looking at sleeveless suits, which appear to have a very wide cut on the mens styles - I'm worried that they'd take on a bunch of water. Yes, ideally I would be able to go somewhere and try these things on but so far the only place I've found is a little over an hour away and carries only Blue Seventy. And I believe only one style of Blue Seventy. I do plan on making that drive but I'd like to consider more than one brand in my decision and am going to find an online store with a suitable return policy. So can you tell me anything about if there is a difference in the cut of mens vs. womens? If it makes a difference, I am a competitive swimmer who is nervous about the buoyancy and I'll be using it in generally "warmer" waters from 60 - 75 degrees because I dislike the cold.
Parents
  • After looking at this further, I had noticed the Blue Seventy' claim to go up to 6' on some of their women's suits and they say they have a women's specific fit on all their women's tri wetsuits. Although, some of the rental companies that are selling their used women's blue seventy suits online recommend that they actually only fit up to about 5'7". :P Good to see it does fit at least a little taller. Maybe I can make the drive tomorrow.
  • After looking at this further, I had noticed the Blue Seventy' claim to go up to 6' on some of their women's suits and they say they have a women's specific fit on all their women's tri wetsuits. Although, some of the rental companies that are selling their used women's blue seventy suits online recommend that they actually only fit up to about 5'7". :P Good to see it does fit at least a little taller. Maybe I can make the drive tomorrow.
Children
No Data