Newbie Training

Former Member
Former Member
I have had a challenge posed to me and I wanted to see if I have any chance before accepting this bet. I have been challenged to complete a 9 mile lake swim next August. I am by no means a swimmer currently. I am a weightlifter and on again off again cyclist. So, would you much more experienced minds think it is possible to swim 9 miles in 11 months when I m basically starting from 0. If so, do you have any training advice?
Parents
  • Do you have any swimming experience? Can you swim freestyle well? If so, how long can you currently comfortably swim continuously? If you can't swim well right now, completing a 9-mile swim less than a year from now seems unlikely but if you can swim OK, and assuming that there is no time limit for the swim, it really comes down to how much pain you can endure.
  • Do you have any swimming experience? Can you swim freestyle well? If so, how long can you currently comfortably swim continuously? If you can't swim well right now, completing a 9-mile swim less than a year from now seems unlikely but if you can swim OK, and assuming that there is no time limit for the swim, it really comes down to how much pain you can endure.
Children
No Data