Long island swimming at West Neck Beach

https://youtu.be/RHhI14NSRlo Some of the best open water swimming on the north shore.
Parents
  • This makes me giggle because I grew up in Huntington and it's the very beach where I spent years lying to get out of swim lessons because I hated the smell and the slimy rocks I had to walk on to get down to the water. It was years before my parents, who both did not swim, figured out that I'd been scamming the babysitters with tales of headaches and tummy troubles. Who knew that all these years later, I'd be an addicted open water swimmer! Haven't been back to that area in years, but was always a Fleets Cove girl myself.
  • This makes me giggle because I grew up in Huntington and it's the very beach where I spent years lying to get out of swim lessons because I hated the smell and the slimy rocks I had to walk on to get down to the water. It was years before my parents, who both did not swim, figured out that I'd been scamming the babysitters with tales of headaches and tummy troubles. Who knew that all these years later, I'd be an addicted open water swimmer! Haven't been back to that area in years, but was always a Fleets Cove girl myself.
Children
No Data