paraplegic swimming

I have been approached about working with a couple of people who are paraplegic and want to swim to eventually compete in local triathlons. Does anyone have any experience, recommendations, drill work or advice that could help accomplish this goal? Thanks! Kat
Parents
  • I know this is a long shot, but see if you can reach out to the RD for the Hammerhead Ocean Marathon in Jacksonville FL. There was a swimmer in the 2.5 mile race that has no use of her body from the waist down who also does paraplegic tris. You might be able to see if the RD can connect you with her and maybe you can get some personal insight from her. Or maybe she'll give you her coach's name as well so you can learn from him/her as well.
  • I know this is a long shot, but see if you can reach out to the RD for the Hammerhead Ocean Marathon in Jacksonville FL. There was a swimmer in the 2.5 mile race that has no use of her body from the waist down who also does paraplegic tris. You might be able to see if the RD can connect you with her and maybe you can get some personal insight from her. Or maybe she'll give you her coach's name as well so you can learn from him/her as well.
Children
No Data