Drills for Land Spotting

Former Member
Former Member
Does anybody have any drills they like to do in the pool to practice land spotting?
Parents
  • As I train in the pool, there are none that even remotely compare to actual sighting in open water. I will before early in the season races pick a small and not very noticeable object towards the end of the lane and practice sighting it each length from both left and right breathing sides just to get used to the physical part of sighting. I used to just sight something like the starting blocks, but that is nothing compared to being in open water when waves can block sight or a landmark on a shore can be obscured by its surroundings.
  • As I train in the pool, there are none that even remotely compare to actual sighting in open water. I will before early in the season races pick a small and not very noticeable object towards the end of the lane and practice sighting it each length from both left and right breathing sides just to get used to the physical part of sighting. I used to just sight something like the starting blocks, but that is nothing compared to being in open water when waves can block sight or a landmark on a shore can be obscured by its surroundings.
Children
No Data