2 beat vs 6 beat - Naples, FL

Former Member
Former Member
Hi all....quick background....I never thought for 2 seconds about swimming until I decided to lose a few lbs and running on concrete was as fun as pulling teeth. I started running the beach then started wading water watching the sunset....awesome I must say. Then I started swimming.....immediately found the only exercise I really love. I can now open water swim 1 or 2 miles no problem and I feel I'm crushing. My form just found itself after battling the ocean for a year. I do what I read last night is a 2 beat. I tried a 6 beat this am for half my swim and holy **** was it tougher. My hips are sore and it had me gasping. Are you all switching it up or using one or the other? I still feel faster on the 2 beat.
Parents
  • However, when I am in an event, and I want to finish strong, I will switch to a 6-beat for the last few hundred yards. Hah! I just realized I replied as if I have any choice what I do in the last few hundred yards of an OWS. If it's there, my body takes off without my thinking, but this year in the Big Shoulder's my mind screamed to increase my stroke rate and switch to a 6-beat, and the body didn't change one bit.
  • However, when I am in an event, and I want to finish strong, I will switch to a 6-beat for the last few hundred yards. Hah! I just realized I replied as if I have any choice what I do in the last few hundred yards of an OWS. If it's there, my body takes off without my thinking, but this year in the Big Shoulder's my mind screamed to increase my stroke rate and switch to a 6-beat, and the body didn't change one bit.
Children
No Data