Finished Cross-Bay Swim--well within goal!

:bouncing::D: Didn't :drown:! :chug::chug: and ... :bed: And so many thanks for encouragement, advice, and support! 3:41:22 All good! My other thread, "2 days" has more details... but I couldn't resist a bit of fun w/ emoticons. :)
Parents
  • Not sure--I remember 80 being mentioned, which would be on the warm side. I might put it at a couple degrees cooler, but not by much. I noticed late in the swim that I was beginning to feel a bit chilly, but that may just have been the long time in the water. (I didn't wear a wetsuit. Don't like the idea when the water is as warm as it usually is in that by in Aug.) In about the last five or so minutes of the swim, I hit a pocket of colder water, which surprised me a little--didn't mind it, actually, just it was odd to come upon it there. I'd have thought I'd experience it closer to Fire Island since I'd heard the ocean was on the cool side (but no temp mentioned). Strange thing about the chop in the second half--almost as if someone had turned on a wave machine. It went from calm to choppy in what seemed like seconds. Grateful to have my cousin as my kayaker. He's kayaked for others in the same swim--he knows the route well, which really helped!
  • Not sure--I remember 80 being mentioned, which would be on the warm side. I might put it at a couple degrees cooler, but not by much. I noticed late in the swim that I was beginning to feel a bit chilly, but that may just have been the long time in the water. (I didn't wear a wetsuit. Don't like the idea when the water is as warm as it usually is in that by in Aug.) In about the last five or so minutes of the swim, I hit a pocket of colder water, which surprised me a little--didn't mind it, actually, just it was odd to come upon it there. I'd have thought I'd experience it closer to Fire Island since I'd heard the ocean was on the cool side (but no temp mentioned). Strange thing about the chop in the second half--almost as if someone had turned on a wave machine. It went from calm to choppy in what seemed like seconds. Grateful to have my cousin as my kayaker. He's kayaked for others in the same swim--he knows the route well, which really helped!
Children
No Data