Finished Cross-Bay Swim--well within goal!

:bouncing::D: Didn't :drown:! :chug::chug: and ... :bed: And so many thanks for encouragement, advice, and support! 3:41:22 All good! My other thread, "2 days" has more details... but I couldn't resist a bit of fun w/ emoticons. :)
Parents
  • Thanks, Momor! When I first heard about the swim I did Fri. I thought, "much too long!" and crossed it off my list. But then this little inner voice said, "why not?" I'd read an article in Outside Mag about having a goal worth training for, and thought that seemed like just such a thing. The swim starts on Fire Island where I spent so much time as a child and visit whenever possible as an adult, so I have a special feeling for the place. Of course I don't get to spend more than an hour to an hour and a half when I do this swim but I'm in a bay I've crossed so many times by ferry that it has a kind of magic to it. In mid-swim I was thinking, "gotta retire from this." But now I'm thinking, "I wonder if I can improve on what I did Friday. It just has that kind of hold on me. :) (Third time around, btw, and I'm definitely not a speedy swimmer by any means, but I was so happy to have improved from last time!) If a swim calls to you, even if you think, "no way," you'll know it, and it gives so much more than it takes from you.
  • Thanks, Momor! When I first heard about the swim I did Fri. I thought, "much too long!" and crossed it off my list. But then this little inner voice said, "why not?" I'd read an article in Outside Mag about having a goal worth training for, and thought that seemed like just such a thing. The swim starts on Fire Island where I spent so much time as a child and visit whenever possible as an adult, so I have a special feeling for the place. Of course I don't get to spend more than an hour to an hour and a half when I do this swim but I'm in a bay I've crossed so many times by ferry that it has a kind of magic to it. In mid-swim I was thinking, "gotta retire from this." But now I'm thinking, "I wonder if I can improve on what I did Friday. It just has that kind of hold on me. :) (Third time around, btw, and I'm definitely not a speedy swimmer by any means, but I was so happy to have improved from last time!) If a swim calls to you, even if you think, "no way," you'll know it, and it gives so much more than it takes from you.
Children
No Data